Aerobic FIT (V02 Max)
Aerobic FIT measures VO2max with a metabolic cart during a treadmill or cycle ergometer (stationary bike) test. Cyclists may also bring in their personal bike with trainer if they prefer. The VO2max results are then compared against normative data for men or women of a similar age. Maximal heart rate and heart rate training zones are also determined. Completion of a health history questionnaire is required prior to scheduling the appointment, and if necessary, medical clearance may be requested for those with certain health risks. Actual exercise time is 8-15 minutes. The full appointment takes about 1.5 hours.
Individuals who participate in endurance events can benefit from having their Lactate Threshold (LT) measured in addition to their VO2max with the Aerobic Fit with Lactate package. Please plan for 3hours if combining a Lactate Threshold test with the Aerobic FIT assessment.
Individuals may also simultaneously perform a Stride FIT which is a detailed gait analysis that includes high-speed video/data collection on the treadmill(and potentially other surfaces). **Stride FIT testing is currently on hold.
Scheduling & Pricing
To schedule an appointment, please call 512-471-0081.
- Aerobic FIT with Lactate Threshold test is an additional $65.
- Pre-pay online with a credit card or on-site with credit card, check or cash.
Proceeds may be used in general support of the College of Education.
The Aerobic FIT testing, results and consultation take 1.5 to 3 hours.
In preparation for your appointment:
- Do not exercise vigorously 24 hours before.
- Do not eat or have caffeine 3 hours before.
- Bring or wear your exercise clothes.
- Lockers and showers are available.
- Cyclists should bring their own pedals and cycling shoes.
- Complete the screening form below and bring it with you to your appointment.
- *If you answer yes to any question on the health screening form, please contact FIT so that we can provide you with a medical clearance form prior to your appointment.
Download screening form
Location & Parking
Testing takes place in Bellmont Hall Room 946, located at Darryl K. Royal Stadium. Parking is available. You will receive a Visitor’s Parking Permit from the FIT staff when you arrive for testing. Refer to Location & Parking for further information.