Aerobic FIT measures VO2max with a metabolic cart during a treadmill, stationary bike test or rowing ergometer test. The VO2max results are then compared against normative data for men or women of a similar age. Maximal heart rate and training heart rate zones are also determined. The test is a maximal test for men under 45 years of age and women under 55 years of age who do not have an increased risk for heart disease. Other individuals perform a sub maximal test. Actual exercise time is 8-15 minutes. The full appointment takes about 1.5 hours.
Individuals who participate in endurance events can benefit from having their Lactate Threshold (LT) measured in addition to their VO2max with the Aerobic Fit with Lactate package.
Individuals may also simultaneously perform a Stride FIT which is a detailed gait analysis that includes high-speed video/data collection on the treadmill(and potentially other surfaces).
Scheduling & Pricing
To schedule an appointment, please call 512-471-0081.
- Aerobic FIT with Lactate Threshold test is an additional $40.
- Pre-pay online with a credit card or on-site with credit card, check or cash.
Proceeds may be used in general support of the College of Education.
The Aerobic FIT testing, results and consultation take 1.5 to 2 hours.
In preparation for your appointment:
- Do not exercise vigorously on the day of your testing.
- Do not eat a huge meal 2 hours prior to testing.
- Bring or wear your exercise clothes.
- Lockers and showers are available.
- Cyclists should bring their own pedals and cycling shoes.
- Complete the screening form below and bring it with you to your appointment.
Download screening form (Word)
Location & Parking
Testing takes place in Bellmont Hall Room 946. Parking is available. You will receive a Visitor’s Parking Permit from the FIT staff when you arrive for testing. Refer to Location & Parking for further information.