Get FIT is a 12-week fitness, weight loss and behavior change program run by the experts at FIT. The goal of Get FIT is to help participants improve their fitness, lose body fat and implement health behavior changes that can be maintained for a lifetime. The workouts are a balanced mix between cardiovascular and resistance training, the goal being to maximize weight loss from fat and improve daily functioning.
Get FIT will be run virtual and in-person this Fall!
Get FIT consists of Get FIT I and Get FIT II. Most individuals start in Get FIT I. Get FIT II is designed for those who have graduated from Get FIT I or are already physically active. The FIT staff will help you determine if Get FIT I or II is right for you.
Get FIT: Pre-Recorded – 3 pre-recorded workouts/week + Weight Card
Get FIT at UT – 3 in-person classes held on campus in Bellmont Hall + 12 Pre-recorded video Library
Both programs include:
-Pre and post Body Comp FIT (DXA)
-Access to FIT to EAT Program
-Optional Weekly Check In for Accountability
To participate you need to be in good health and injury free. We will ask you to complete a medical history questionnaire and waiver. We may require a doctor’s clearance, if significant risks are identified.
Scheduling & Pricing
The next session of Get Fit begins Monday, September 13th and end December 10th.
M: 1/2 & 1/2 day
F : Weight Card or Total Body DB
Get FIT: IN-PERSON OPTIONS:
MWF – 6am, 7am, and 12pm
MWTh – 4:30pm and 5:30pm
Classes will be All-Level
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Get FIT: Prerecorded is $160
- Get FIT: In-Person is $260
- No refunds will be given after the first week of class. We will also have a Get FIT library with 12 previous workouts for $40. You will have access to this library only during the current Get FIT session.
- Sign up by calling our office at (512) 471-0081, or online at the FIT Online Store. If purchasing online, please be sure to checkout as a guest. Do not enter your UTeid.
- If you are a new Get FIT participant, please call or e-mail FIT (email@example.com) to schedule your initial consultation.
*Proceeds may be used in general support of the College of Education.
Can I pay for the program with my UT Flex Account?
If your doctor has recommended a diet and exercise plan for a medical reason (i.e. to lower your blood pressure, to control your diabetes, anemia, etc.) you can use your UT Flex account to pay for Get FIT. You must pay with cash, check or credit card and get reimbursed. Our online store does not accept payflex cards. You must provide signed documentation from your doctor for approval. You can use the Letter of Medical Necessity Form (PDF File) to obtain a signature from your doctor. If you have additional questions, please contact Human Resources.