Aerobic FIT with Lactate
Individuals who participate in endurance events can benefit from having their Lactate Threshold (LT) measured in addition to their VO2max. During this test blood measures are taken (a simple finger or ear prick) throughout an Aerobic FIT test and the LT or the point at which lactate increases significantly is determined. Training zones for watts (bike or rowing) or speed (running) and heart rate are determined. Performance predications are generated and basic suggestions for improved performance are made. Actual exercise time is 15-40 minutes and the full appointment time is about 2 hours.
(Individuals who only want their lactate threshold measured, but not their VO2max, can do a lactate threshold only test for $80.00.)
Individuals may also simultaneously perform a Stride FIT which is a detailed gait analysis that includes high-speed video/data collection on the treadmill (and potentially other surfaces).
Scheduling & Pricing
To schedule an appointment call 512-471-0081.
- Pre-pay online with a credit card or on-site with credit card, check or cash.
Proceeds may be used in general support of the College of Education.
The Aerobic FIT with Lactate Threshold testing, results and consultation takes 2 hours.
In preparation for your appointment:
- Do not exercise vigorously on the day of your testing.
- Do not eat a huge meal 2 hours prior to testing.
- Bring or wear your exercise clothes.
- Lockers and showers are available.
- Cyclists should bring their own pedals and cycling shoes.
- Complete the screening form below and bring it with you to your appointment.Download screening form(Word)
Location & Parking
Testing takes place in Bellmont Hall Room 966. Parking is available. You will receive a Visitor’s Parking Permit from the FIT staff when you arrive for testing. Refer to Location & Parking for further information.