Nutrition FIT is a personalized dietary assessment and plan created by a Registered and Licensed Dietitian to fit your lifestyle, goals, and nutrition needs. Each individual consultation includes:
- Evaluation of your current food intake
- Calorie and nutrient recommendations
- Meal planning and menu development
- Strategies for dietary lifestyle change
Nutrition counseling is beneficial for a variety of needs, such as:
- Weight loss
- Sport specific (endurance, strength, and competitive)
- General health and well being
- Specific health and dietary concerns: vegetarian or vegan diet planning, celiac disease, etc.
- Preventing or managing chronic disease, such high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes
Nutrition misinformation floods the media and can be intimidating and overwhelming. Our Registered Dietitian, who is required to stay up to date on the latest nutrition information, is always prepared to provide you with the most cutting edge techniques and scientifically sound nutrition information. Diet is a crucial component of fitness and with proper assessment of your current dietary habits, appropriate recommendations can be made to accelerate your fitness success.
Scheduling & Pricing
To schedule an appointment, please call 512-471-0081.
- Pre-pay online with a credit card or on-site with credit card, check or cash.
Proceeds may be used in general support of the College of Education.
Please allow 1.5 hours for a Nutrition FIT consultation. In preparation for your appointment, you will be asked to complete a 3 day dietary recall to bring for our dietitian to review. You can complete this 3 day dietary recall by using My Fitness Pal. If desired, you may also bring lab work or other medical records to the consultation.
Location & Parking
Testing takes place in Bellmont Hall Room 946. Parking is available. You will receive a Visitor’s Parking Permit from the FIT staff when you arrive for testing. Refer to Location & Parking for further information.