Exercise Rx includes an initial 90-minute one-on-one consultation with a trained fitness professional followed by three 60-min training sessions. FIT coaches manage common exercise goals such as weight loss, muscle building and performance, as well as more complex needs. Your prescription is based on current research and focuses on the following areas:
- Education: We utilize both informational and hands-on teaching to provide you with the knowledge to start, progress or change you current exercise routine. You will be given a written exercise prescription and shown how to do the exercises safely.
- Proper Exercise Prescription: Each prescription is designed specifically for you and your goals. We take into consideration your exercise preferences, access to equipment, experience level and fitness level when we design your program.
- Goal Setting: Setting attainable goals is a key factor to maintaining motivation and monitoring progression. We will work with you to set attainable goals and recommend the best and safest progression to reach them.
Scheduling & Pricing
To schedule an appointment, please call 512-471-0081.
- Cost: $325
- Pre-pay online with a credit card or on-site with credit card, check or cash.
Proceeds may be used in general support of the College of Education.
In preparation for your appointment:
- Complete the screening form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of your appointment. The fitness expert will review this form and call you to confirm your fitness goals and any limitations you may have.
Download screening form (Word)
- Please wear exercise clothes to this appointment.
Location & Parking
Testing takes place in Bellmont Hall Room 946. Parking is available. You will receive a Visitor’s Parking Permit from the FIT staff when you arrive for testing. Refer to Location & Parking for further information.