ICYMI: Twitter Turns 10
More data from the Pew Research Center in their 5 facts about Twitter at age 10
- the massive user base includes 320 million monthly active users, but only 65 million are from the U.S.
- six archetypes of Twitter conversations: Polarized Crowds, Tight Crowds, Brand Clusters, Community Clusters, Broadcast Networks and Support Networks
- Twitter users are “disproportionately young, urban, African-American, and better educated”.
- Twitter can be useful in times of emergency.
- Twitter still has not turned a profit.